You may have noticed that I mentioned the lack of an Islanders Schedule for Outlook and Mobile devices last night. For whatever reason, the Islanders did not create one this year as they have in years past. I went above and beyond, and spent the better part of the morning/afternoon coding an Excel file. Anyone who has ever made a spreadsheet with multiple rows and columns knows it is a harrowing experience. Hopefully it comes in handy for someone other than myself!
The CSV document is UNTESTED, and the XLS I used personally to import into my Outlook calendar. Mind you, it crashed outlook (figures) but it imported anyway. You need to check all the boxes and make sure the custom fields are matched up to their respective default fields.
But WHY do I need this?
The Outlook schedule is compatible with Microsoft Outlook and intended for fans who want to include Islanders games in Microsoft Outlook and/or handheld devices running Pocket PC, Windows CE or Windows Mobile. All entries feature a reminder four hours before game time. Once imported into Outlook, the schedule can be synchronized with handheld devices running Pocket PC, Windows CE or Windows Mobile.
NOTE: You will need to have the Excel or .csv translators installed in Microsoft Outlook to import the schedule. The Import Wizard should tell you whether or not you do. Most default installations of Outlook DO NOT have the translator(s) installed. If your installation does not, you will need to have your Microsoft Office CD handy.
1. Click the link below to download the schedule. If the file opens in your browser, save it to your hard drive from your browser menu and close your browser.
2. Open Outlook and Select File > Import to begin the Import Wizard.
3. During the Import Wizard make sure to:
* Choose “Import from another program or file”
* Choose “Microsoft Excel” as the file type to import from (if you choose to download the Comma Separated Values file below make sure to choose “Comma Separated Values” as the file type).
* Choose “Calendar” as your destination folder (“Calendar” within your “Personal Folders” list or your “Mailbox Name” if you are using Outlook on a network).
* Click the “Map Custom Fields” button. Depending on your version of Outlook, you may have to drag the “Reminderonoff” value on the left to the “Reminder on/off” field on the right (perform this step if you want Outlook to remind you about each game)
NOTE: All times are Eastern. Once you import this file, you cannot delete or uninstall it. The only way to remove the calendar entries is to delete each entry individually. You may consider making a backup of your Personal Folder File (.pst file), should you want to restore your Outlook calendar. See Outlook Help for more information about making backups.
Handheld Device – Pocket PC, Windows CE or Windows Mobile
Desktop/Laptop Computer – Any OS compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later
Desktop/Laptop Computer – Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later (recommended)*
Handheld Device – Pocket Outlook or equivalent
*The schedule is also compatible with any calendar program that can import XLS for CSV files formatted for Outlook Calendar.